- Review current standard fire protection design such as sprinkler design criteria specification, preliminary hydraulic calculations, fire pump selection, and fire alarm system layout
- Review automatic fire sprinkler and fire alarm contractor shop drawings and provide written comments
- Perform field surveys in all Wanek, Maple tree warehouse, Ashton; fire protection system inspections, and testing
- Research model and local codes, as well as nationally recognized standards to assist in the development of alternate methods of code compliance
- Prepare and write reports detailing specific fire prevention and protection issues, such as work performed, revised codes or standards, and proposed review schedules. Prepare technical or operational reports
- Perform hazardous materials assessments for storage and manufacturing facilities
- Develop performance-based design analysis using computer fire modeling, egress calculations, and other available resources
- Inspect buildings or building designs to determine fire protection system requirements and potential problems in areas such as water supplies, exit locations, and construction materials.
- Inspect facilities or sites to determine if they meet specifications or standards
- Determine causes of fires and ways in which they could have been prevented. Determine causes of operational problems or failures
- Direct the purchase, modification, installation, maintenance, and operation of fire protection systems, direct installation activities of fire protection system, direct equipment maintenance or repair activities.
- Coordinate safety or regulatory compliance activities.
- Develop plans for the prevention of destruction by fire, wind, and water. Prepare detailed work plans.
- Consult with authorities to discuss safety regulations and to recommend changes as necessary.
- Perform root cause analysis in the relationships between ignition sources and materials to determine how fires start.
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions on fire protection. Teach safety standards and fire compliance methods.
- Conduct research on fire retardants and the fire safety of materials and devices
- Evaluate fire department performance and the laws and regulations affecting fire prevention or fire safety.
- Attend workshops, seminars, or conferences to present or obtain information regarding fire prevention and protection. Update technical knowledge to review the current system.
** Working Location: My Phuoc 3 IZ, we have car pick up at Ho Chi Minh, Binh Duong, Dong Nai
- BS degree in mechanical, electrical, chemical engineering or related technical field of study or equivalent experience required. Related technical courses, vendor training, and company specific courses desirable
- At least 05 years of progressively responsible and professional experience for fire system management role.
- Experience in wood working machines and furniture manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Hands-on performing inspecting and testing of fire protection system
- Professional Engineering License preferred, but Engineer-in-Training certificate will be considered between two (2) and five (5) years of relevant engineering experience
- Experience utilizing computerized maintenance systems required.
* Knowledge of:
- Strong knowledge of design and operation of automatic fire protection system, engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic, air compressing, mechanical systems, , BMS, EMS (Electric Management System), high frequency and CNC machines. Good knowledge in Manufacturing Process
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
* Skills and Abilities
- Good planning skill and natural leadership skill.
- Good at coaching and training skill.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work.
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- Team Player
- Confident, firm personality