1. Maintains regulatory compliance with governmental regulations related to the environment, health and safety.
2. Conforms to the standards set by applicable regulations.
3. Conforms to Wanek standards and policy.
4. Conducts routine electrical or technical inspections of facilities for compliance with company and government regulations.
5. Prepares reports for submission to EHS Director or any other related stakeholder, which identify the potential hazard(s) and/ or department discrepancies found, and provides recommendations for control and compliance.
6. Advises employees and management on safe work practices and potential hazards.
7. Leads and assists plant personnel with environment, health and safety issues.
8. Investigates and resolves environment/ health/ safety, and technical issues.
9. Implements effective training to assist Maintenance and Facilities staff in understanding technical regulations and procedures.
10. Ensures proper inspection and maintenance of fire protection equipment and emergency response activities.
11. Conduct accident investigations caused by machines or equipment.
12. Participate in meetings, workshops, and conferences to keep abreast of emerging environmental, health and safety, and technical matters.
13. Able to work with different functions within the company to ensure that EHS and technical concerns are addressed adequately, within an acceptable time-frame.
14. Manage expectations of the EHS Director in a structured and organized manner.
15. Work on shift (day or night), if required.